Bug Bounty is back!
The gift card reward program is out of hibernation. It has even been expanded to include the new CLP-1 lecture slides.
Turn mathematical errors in CLP into coffee - How?
- A UBC student in any course for which CLP is the assigned text.
- Find a mathematical error in any of the CLP books or the CLP-1 slides.
- Check the most recent version of the text or slides and also the errata page.
- Report the error by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Be sure to include
- details of where you found the bug, and why you think it is an error,
- your name, your course and your instructor’s name.
- Our team of bug checkers will leap into action and verify your report.
- If you are the first to find the bug then’ll we give you fame, glory and a coffee card.
- We’ll organise for you to get the card from the Mathematics Department front office.
- If you’d like to remain anonymous then we won’t put your name on the errata page.
- For your hard work we’ll give you a gift card for use at the Loafe Cafe
- You can redeem the card for a tea, coffee or a little snack.
CLP is free, so how does this work?
- We’ve had some help, so we’d like to thank
- The Mathematics Department,
- Skylight - The Science Centre for Teaching and Learning
- The Loafe Cafe
- and you
What if I’m not in one of those courses?
- Sorry, but only students in those courses are eligible.
- We’d still like to hear about the error - please send it to email@example.com
Errata and fixed errata
- We have run the bounty program since late 2018 and bugs have been found and fixed in the current versions of the texts.
- Since then some more bugs have been found and you can find details at the links below.