Academic Year 2011-2012
Solutions to some or all of these problems should be submitted by April 30, 2012.
Solutions to some or all of these problems should be submitted by March 31, 2012.
Academic Year 2010-2011
Academic Year 2009-2010
Academic Year 2008-2009
Academic Year 2007-2008
Academic Year 2006-2007
Problems, October 2006
Academic Year 2005-2006
- If you are a student in a BC or Yukon school, in Grade 11 or below, you may submit solutions to one or more problems. (It is OK if you are taking Grade 12 mathematics.)
- Solutions should come with full justification.
- If possible, e-mail solutions to:
File size should be kept small. If you use Microsoft Word, please if possible send a .pdf file in addition to the .doc file.
- Submitted solutions should include, as part of the attached document, your name, grade, and school.
- If e-mail is impractical, solutions may be sent by conventional mail to:
Department of Mathematics
University of British Columbia
Brief Description of Problems Site
- These problems are intended for British Columbia and Yukon students in Grade 11 or below.
- The problems are often difficult, and may involve ideas that are not part of the school curriculum.
- You may wish to attack only one or two of the problems.
- New problems will be posted once a month.
- Solutions will be posted a few days after the deadline for submitting solutions.
- You will receive comments, suggestions, about your solutions.
- If (and only if) you give explicit permission, I can release to your math teacher information on how well you have done on various questions.